Answered By: Wilson Library Librarians Last Updated: May 29, 2015 Views: 8
Write-n-Cite allows you to access your RefWorks account from within Microsoft Word. This makes creating in-text citations and bibliographies using RefWorks fairly simple.
First, you will need to download and install Write-n-Cite to your computer. Follow the directions accourding to your machine.
Now you are ready to get started using Write-n-Cite (WNC)!
- Start by open Word. If you are using a PC you will find WNC under Add-Ins. For Mac users, open WNC from your Applications.
- You will be prompted to login using the Group Code. For La Verne users this is: RWULaVerne.
- Next log into your RefWorks account.
- You will now be able to view your references. If you use folders, under View you can open the folder that corresponds with the paper you are writing.
- Work on your paper. As you are ready to include in-text citations, click the Cite link next the references in WNC. You can enter mulitple citations at once.
- When you are ready to format your citations, and add a bibliography of the reference included thus far in your paper, you will need to save your document. The go into Write-n-Cite and click on Bibliography in the toolbar.
- You will be prompted for the Output Style (aka Citation Format), make your selection from the drop down menu.
- Click on Create Bibliography.
- This will open another document in Word with the formatted in-text citations and bibliography.
- You need to proofread the citations to make any changes necessary to the formatting.
To view a demo of Write-n-Cite, watch the video below: