Answered By: Wilson Library Librarians Last Updated: May 29, 2015 Views: 9
Unfortunately, the information is probably lost permanently. You will need to recreate the information.
You may want to use a word processing software to create your assignments and then, copy and paste to Blackboard to ensure you have a copy.
If you experience problems during a test and cannot continue, contact your instructor immediately.
Here are some reason why you might lose information that you are entering in Blackboard:
- The internet connection dropped.
- The browser was refreshed.
- Your browser timed out due to inactivity. Blackboard has a security setting that logs you out if it doesn't receive any input for a period of time.
The following tips can help you avoid this issue in the future:
- Use a wired connection if possible when taking a test. Wireless internet connections are less reliable.
- Do not refresh the browser page.
- Do not close the browser window
- Do not click the browser's back button.
- If possible, write out the text in an external application and then paste it into Blackboard. Working offline first ensures that your work in progress will not be lost.
- If you are working in assignments, save your work in progress. Saving often helps avoid any browser timeout issues.